We have the following images of Farnworth Independent Methodist Church in our archives.
Farnworth Independent Methodist Church was established 1861 and built on Ellesmere Street. The church was closed under Compulsory Purchase Order in 1972 and was subsequently demolished.
In the archives, we hold the following items from this church:
- Printed Histories: (Centenary Celebrations 1861 – 1961; Trinity Cong/Meth Church (explaining integration of Ellesmere Street) 1977)
- Registers: (Baptismal Register 1873 – 1970; Marriage Registers 1911 – 1967)
- Trustees’ Records and Legal Documents: (Alterations to Trustees 1950; File relating to CPO and subsequent arrangements between the IM Leaders and Trinity Methodist/Congregational Church Agreement 1901)
- Church Minutes: (Minute Book 1934 – 1952)
- Sunday School, Records: (Minutes 1920 – 1965)
- Financial Records: (Account Books 1936 – 1972; brief reference, 1979); Cash/Offertory Books 1961 – 1972;Statement of funds available for distribution after closure undisclosed date)
- Miscellaneous Items: (Sale of Work Minute Book 1930 – 1950; Folder of programmes of special events; Mrs. A. Thornley, Ellesmere Street IM Veteran (Cutting from Bolton Journal) 1941)