Registered Office and Resource Centre
Independent Methodist Churches
The Registered Office and Resource Centre is the hub and centre of all Connexional work. From here we provide a service to our churches by which their requirements can be met.
The Resource Centre:
- Has a full time Manager who handles enquiries from churches and other bodies.
- Operates a design and printing service for production of church letterheads, newsletters, posters, circuit plans and other local publications to order.
- Has facilities for committee meetings and small group meetings.
- Sends out monthly mailings to all the churches, on behalf of Connexional officers and departments.
- Distributes the denomination’s publications and supplies other publications, audio visual equipment and church furnishings to order.
- Houses the Independent Methodist Archives which can be used to trace many aspects of the history of the Connexion and individual churches.
There are also several publications that can be obtained from the Resource Centre, as follows:
- Connexion Magazine – a bi-monthly magazine of the Independent Methodist Churches is distributed by the Resource Centre and is free of charge to our churches. Individuals can take out a postal subscription by contacting the Resource Centre.
- Introducing The Independent Methodists – a brief history and outline of the ministry and mission of the Independent Methodist Connexion of churches today
- Directory (published annually) – a booklet giving details of Connexional officers, Ministers and churches.
- The Independent Methodists – a book published by James Clarke & Co, Cambridge, 2005. This is the definitive history of the denomination.
- Peter’s People – another book giving details of early Independent Methodist church history)
- Various church publications covering topics – model church rules; baptism; marriage, divorce and re-marriage; sacrament; ministry; and views on topical issues.